How Do You Know If You Own Real Remy Hair?
Good quality hair will feel silky smooth, very soft, look natural and have even strands. Another good indication of true Remy is that with proper maintenance the hair will last you for a long time. Poor quality hair will loose its body quickly resulting in lack of lustre, matting and tangling.
Beware Of Remy Hair Imitations!
One sign that defines real Remy quality hair is in the price, It’s expensive! Beware of imitations, many companies will charge top dollar and claim their hair is Remy but in fact is artificial hair that has been processed with chemicals to give the appearance of Remy hair.
As covered, true Premium Remy hair can be identified by its price, it is the rarest of hair therefore one of the most expensive. True Remy hair will be soft, silky, it lasts for a long time when properly maintained and is resistant to tangling and matting.
True Remy Hair Means That…
- The hair is collected from a single, healthy donour.
- The hair collected have their cuticles intact and all the cuticles flow in the same direction from root to the tip making them even.
- When collected directly from a woman’s head it has usually been cut while in a ponytail.
- The cut hair is the full length of the strands and is healthy.
- Resists matting and tangling.
- Will last a long time when properly maintained.
Where Does The Hair Come From?
Remy hair can be from Asia, India, Russia and Europe. With slight differences in textures, the origin is not as important as to ‘How it was sourced’, that is, that is of good quality and has been sourced using ethical practices from willing participants or paid donours.
The processing method of Remy hair is what determines a good end product. Top quality hair extensions will have been processed with care resulting in a silky smooth texture and hair that remains strong and tangle free for a long time.
So What Does The 100% Part Mean?
The term 100% (as in 100% Remy) is representative of the hair length, meaning that the hair is 100% all one length. The term 100% is also often used as an alternative meaning to ‘Double Drawn Hair’.
100% Remy hair is
- Double Drawn (100%) equal length.
- Silky smooth and appears natural.
- Is resistant to matting and tangling.
How To Choose The Right Type of Remy Hair Extensions
For a seamless, natural look it’s important to match the hair extensions to your existing hair. Here are some points to help you purchase the correct Remy hair extensions:
- Current Budget
- Hair extension attachment method – I-tip, Glue Tip
- Colour of hair extension – 1, 1b, 2, 4 ….
- Length – 20”, 22”
- Style – Wavy, curly or straight
- Grade of hair (Russian, Paris Virgin, Asian)
If you are buying hair for the first time and you’re unsure of what to buy, it is often best to visit a hair salon or extension specialist who can help you choose the correct extension to match your existing hair. Once you are familiar with the types and colours of hair extensions it will be easy for you to buy online with confidence.